DIY…it’s easy to turn your home into Fabulous Fall Living Spaces!
So it’s finally beginning to feel a little more like the Fall season here in the Central Valley and maybe you just can’t wait to add some touches of Fall color to your home. Whether you use what you have, add some inexpensive extras to what you already have, or bring out the chalk paint, here are some ways that you can make the your rooms feel more like the season and even take you all the way through to Thanksgiving.
Fall traditional table:
If you love Fall’s shades of oranges, golds, and browns: get your pumpkins out, add them along with some Fall branches and candles. You can easily do-it-yourself and create a gorgeous centerpiece for your table.
- I used my tall clear cylinder vase that I have used for many different occasions and put some Fall branches (20% off) from Pottery Barn. When using artificial stems and flowers, it is best to use top quality and spend a little more money so that they look more natural.
- I added some pumpkins that I have stored for many years, along with some old candlesticks I found in the back of a cupboard.
- I finished it off with some Fall scented candles that were on sale at Pier One.
- Place settings are easy: just add any Fall color to neutral plates that you have! I found lots of Fall colored napkins, plain and plaid, at Pottery Barn Pottery Barn, Pier One, and HomeGoods.
- I purchased the woven placemats from Walmart several months ago (less than $3.00 each).
Fall modern table:
RW Home Staging just created a more modern Fall table for a Webber Realty Group client whose home was in escrow within three days, with multiple offers, and over asking price! If you go to HomeGoods at the right time, you can pick up a set of modern placemats, napkins, and individual white square bowls and plates to create a more modern look.
For your couch:
Just add pillows! Changing out your pillows is the quickest and easiest way to add seasonal color to your living space….
I left a few of my blue pillows on the couch and added my velvet orange pillows that I have had for several years. I purchased one new larger pumpkin pillow. I also use the inserts or “off-season” pillows I already have and now have enough where I can just buy different pillow covers, which saves on storage space.
How about adding a touch of Fall to your mantel, shelves, entry or coffee tables?
Finally, my favorite DIY this season:
Get some chalk paint and different sizes of inexpensive foam pumpkins from Walmart and paint them my new favorite green of the season. I saw some of these pumpkins at Pottery Barn and you really can’t tell the difference when you incorporate them into your table decorations. Click here to see for yourself how to paint your own using inexpensive chalk paint and foam pumpkins from Walmart.